• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
@Mendieta are you going to be in the area for our 1st Anniversary kick off party?

Saw the post, I think it's a day I coach my girl, when is it, again? Thanks!

Update: Nov 12. It is indeed a coaching day. last of the season. weird on a long weekend, but it seems to be the case, sigh.

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Been raining all day at lake level. Thought I saw snow through the clouds on Freel Pk. But had to be above 9000'. Snow level should drop some by Sunday.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I worked at the shop at northstar today. It was pouring all day long. Hope its snow up top!
:crossfingers:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
I worked at the shop at northstar today. It was pouring all day long. Hope its snow up top!
:crossfingers:
Don't think N* will see snow until Saturday night. But then it should get a bunch up top. And by monday morning even the base should be covered. BA then sees a dry few weeks unfortunately. He hasn't said much about temperatures though. Hopefully the stay down.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@skibob going to work the past few days, the mountain has been socked in. Can't see the top from Martis Valley. Leaving work at night, it's dark.
13876632_10157121129425018_1013052872185844762_n.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 9.15.41 AM.png

BTW, I think we should bet pugski hats with a snowman pompom.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Question: We have an option on our trip to Heavenly for a day at Northstar or Kirkwood. Having never been to either, which would be the better choice if only one day? I prefer single blacks and some tougher blues or blue-blacks. Hopefully, by the time of our trip in early Feb I'll be doing only blacks, but still not expert and not ready for double blacks.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Kirkwood is bit more aggressive, so it all depends on your skill level and how much you want to do. Parking is easy and its got a fun vibe.
Northstar has better terrain for the skill set you're describing but the haul from south lake to Northstar and added parking issues can be a hassle. More of a big resort feel.
If you come to Northstar, let us know and we'll give you some tips and tricks for parking and (if we're not working) we can show you around.

Last edited:
TS
Jed Peters

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Question: We have an option on our trip to Heavenly for a day at Northstar or Kirkwood. Having never been to either, which would be the better choice if only one day? I prefer single blacks and some tougher blues or blue-blacks. Hopefully, by the time of our trip in early Feb I'll be doing only blacks, but still not expert and not ready for double blacks.

Go to kirkwood....way easier drive.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Kirkwood is bit more aggressive, so it all depends on your skill level and how much you want to do. Parking is easy and its got a fun vibe.
Northstar has better terrain for the skill set you're describing but the haul from south lake to Northstar and added parking issues can be a hassle. More of a big resort feel.
If you come to Northstar, let us know and we'll give you some tips and tricks for parking and (if we're not working) we can show you around.
@Tricia and @Jed Peters are right. But if you come to N* definitely give us a heads up. I'll see if I can scrounge up a Pliny if its January :).

TS
Jed Peters

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
Honestly guys, it's CRAZY raining here in the valley. And not much over 50 degrees, if at all.

It's going to POUND up in tahoe. I think BA was being conservative. This is a STRONG cold front and WET storm.

Hopefully that water soaked ground gets THROUGHLY frozen and the temps stay cold up in the hills.

My dream is to be able to ski back down to the Village at gondola at the end of the day so I don't have do download by thanksgiving weekend. :)

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just checked the Rose base cam and looks wet, not white. :huh: We were getting heavy rain here itoo, but I'm guessing it's too warm on the hill.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Honestly guys, it's CRAZY raining here in the valley. And not much over 50 degrees, if at all.

It's going to POUND up in tahoe. I think BA was being conservative. This is a STRONG cold front and WET storm.

Hopefully that water soaked ground gets THROUGHLY frozen and the temps stay cold up in the hills.

My dream is to be able to ski back down to the Village at gondola at the end of the day so I don't have do download by thanksgiving weekend. :)
it is clear and sideways here at Pugski's World Wide Headquarters over looking beautiful downtown Reno. Temps did drop 10* in the past hour.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Another 10* drop and now snowing in Reno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor