• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
So thread title includes the word 'Meetups'...

Our ski club has a trip to Tahoe planned for Feb 4-11. I've put a deposit down on this. We'll be staying at Heavenly with a side trip possible to Kirkwood or Northstar. Any Pugskiers gonna be around the lake, then?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So thread title includes the word 'Meetups'...

Our ski club has a trip to Tahoe planned for Feb 4-11. I've put a deposit down on this. We'll be staying at Heavenly with a side trip possible to Kirkwood or Northstar. Any Pugskiers gonna be around the lake, then?
We will try to be. We will be in Colorado for the first couple of days but lets see what we can do.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Squaw, Roundshot cam - :yahoo:
medium

liv2ski

Sierra Cement Inspector
Skier
I have a nice 3 bdrm / 2 bath timeshare overlooking Heavenly's Stage Coach lift. I can only be there Saturday Feb 18th thru Wednesday morning this year. If any responsible party would like a great hook up Wednesday thru Saturdays normal check out time, sent me a pm. I was thinking $450 for the 3 days/nights lodging, but I am open to a best offer.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Spencer skied Mt Rose yesterday...Rumor has it, they got 2+ feet in some areas. I think that's optimistic
14656278_1421567191203921_6629422701251137879_n.jpg

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just checked the Rose snow report. It went back in time. We're getting Thurs 10/13. At least the webcams show snow still at base.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Mt Rose is showing surprisingly good coverage up top. They have the guns lined up and ready to go, but surprisingly aren't making any snow down low, where they will definitely need some befor opening in 10 days (and its ~20f right now).

Northstar has coverage up top, is melted out at the base and hasn't started making snow yet. But given that their open is 29 days away, I wouldn't expect it.

However, Boreal is making snow this morning, also shooting for an October open I believe.
fullsize.image

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
BA says all rain until late saturday or sunday. Then 1-2' up high, 6-9" down to 7000 and a few inches at the lake level.

After that conflicting models. One shows a very dry Nov (booooooo!) and the other a more moderate Nov. Clearly the latter is right and the forecaster of the former should be fired.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Not sure how I stomached to Like your latest post, @skibob :) It should read "Like/Thank" :D Thanks much for the report. I'll check the Mt Rose webcams. I am thinking no way the open on Monday. THE HORROR.

Update, I just checked the cameras. We are far from a season. Even at Rose, the highest point. Sigh.

Last edited:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Not sure how I stomached to Like your latest post, @skibob :) It should read "Like/Thank" :D Thanks much for the report. I'll check the Mt Rose webcams. I am thinking no way the open on Monday. THE HORROR.

Update, I just checked the cameras. We are far from a season. Even at Rose, the highest point. Sigh.
I dunno, probably not monday, but I think they COULD be ready a few days later if it plays out the way that BA says. Now, whether they have much open is a different question. Sounds like they could have more than enough up high. They can make a lot down low with the cold front that is being pushed in by the precip. The question will be mid elevation, do they or can they have enough snow to run something served by NW?

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The Monday opening was never planned as a full opening. It was hoping to open a small park for Halloween. At the moment still targeting Nov 11th for "real" opening although it will be very weather dependent.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Squaw, Roundshot cam - :yahoo:
medium
^^^
This camera shot was all snow a week ago.
Evidently I uploaded the "live image"
This was a shot at Mt Rose a week ago.
IMG_3837.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
No way, how do you get to it? Who is Spencer? And why am I not there ;)
@spencer is a member here but he rarely posts. Although we're still waiting on a review or two from him.
He does a lot of hiking with @Stev in the Tahoe area during the summer.

@Mendieta are you going to be in the area for our 1st Anniversary kick off party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online