• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016-17 Northeast Conditions/reports

James

Out There
Instructor
Currently in the bag.
IMG_2101.JPG

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
7-10 inches of new at Stowe.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
To quote sugarbushs' snow report for today

Don't trade your skis for golf clubs just yet - the powder days are far from over! We picked up a foot of snow since the switch-over from wintry mix yesterday, 8 inches of which fell overnight. Wax your equipment and run to the hills for another day of slashing April stashes. Today, winter is full throttle.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe report: today was amazing. A foot plus fell overnight. Parking lots were reasonably full, but virtually everyone was over at Spruce for the Sugar Slalom. The quad was "ski on" all day.

Met up with Josh and his crew. Headed out to Angel Food which was deep. I was under-gunned on Wailer 99's.

Run of the day was all of them. Goat is so deeply buried that there are hardly even bumps on it now. The very large rocks in the lower section are covered; I don't ever recall that happening before.

Quote of the day was from @Josh Matta in Tres Amigos: "uhhh, Kevin, you're the only person I know who's gotten more aggressive since breaking an arm". I try...

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Weather.com prediction of 9-13 inches of snow turned into 8-13 inches by days end. I am glad no one believed weather.com though........

Great snow, super dense(fluffy snow is beater snow), basically bottomless on the right aspects and when you hit the ice it sounded worse than it skied. Skied from 7:30 to 2:30 with basically untracked lines every run at some point in time.

here is a quick edit from today's Iphone videos. Wish I had some video of Kevin in Tres Amigos glade where he was crushing it.

I am fearful of tomorrow hot air on fresh un cycled snow. It will be glue as soon it gets hot.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Kevin and Tony what time are you starting tomorrow?