• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonNativeRado

Astonishingly Mediocre
Skier
Took until 10:45 but I made it out. Is the storm going to trap me in?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
BTW, be careful out there.

View attachment 24436

Not sure what you mean by that, but I was slipping all over the place this morning trying to walk from the parking garage to work. The snow is instantly transforming into slush as it touches the ground, and there are rivers forming.

bamaman

Getting off the lift
Skier
I know Copper is closed, but to get an idea how much snow that area is getting, here is a snapshot of their snow stake at around 1:00 pm. The 9:00 and 3:00 position on the clock is 24" and has accumulated since around midnight (13 hours).

NonNativeRado

Astonishingly Mediocre
Skier
IMG_0971.JPG College kids are clearly out of school.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
I missed you all somehow but no worries as I probably experienced some of the finest may skiing ever.

This was the first time I've skied Colorado coming from the east. All other times I either lived there or was traveling from tahoe. Man that altitude is ROUGH on me. I woke up with a ripping headache and threw up. I then proceeded to chug water and electrolytes and things improved drastically.

Pretty good crowd for a Thursday.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@MT Skull Ermahgerrd!

It was incredibly fun out there today.
The lift lines were only marginally bad for short bits of time.
Bumped into a few folks from here but not everyone.
There was a small break in the storm so we could see some of the areas that weren't skied out, which we took advantage of.
Last run of the day was deeeeeep!
IMG_5101.JPG.jpeg

Skiscouse

Putting on skis
Skier
Sun could break out tomorrow.

View attachment 24486
First time poster (migrating from epicski). Just storm chased all the way from florida. Got in at 230 am last night and arrived at a-basin to late to get any parking. Any advice? Wait til after lunch and hope parking clears? Park at keystone? Uber/taxi back up from hotel? I'm solo so getting dropped off is not an option unfortunately. Curious as to what my options are in terms of getting in some type of skiing.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
First time poster (migrating from epicski). Just storm chased all the way from florida. Got in at 230 am last night and arrived at a-basin to late to get any parking. Any advice? Wait til after lunch and hope parking clears? Park at keystone? Uber/taxi back up from hotel? I'm solo so getting dropped off is not an option unfortunately. Curious as to what my options are in terms of getting in some type of skiing.

There is a Keystone shuttle that I *think* would run right now.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
There is a Keystone shuttle that I *think* would run right now.

Yes, they are running the shuttle from Keystone according to Al.

Sun is out, so if snow gets a bit funky skiing after 1 probably makes sense as some hordes will leave.

NonNativeRado

Astonishingly Mediocre
Skier
Cars will be leaving starting at noon. I'd recommend shuttling it if you can. I wouldn't worry about the snow being tracked out... just go... follow falls lines and plow ahead!

Skiscouse

Putting on skis
Skier
Cars will be leaving starting at noon. I'd recommend shuttling it if you can. I wouldn't worry about the snow being tracked out... just go... follow falls lines and plow ahead!
Thanks Non Native! Your advice as well as Nays proved the ticket. There was quite a lot of parking available by 1130. As Nay said the snow was a little sticky yesterday but today was great. Cheers to all of you for the advice!

Skiscouse

Putting on skis
Skier
Yes, they are running the shuttle from Keystone according to Al.

Sun is out, so if snow gets a bit funky skiing after 1 probably makes sense as some hordes will leave.
Thanks Monique. A-basin said there was no shuttle when I called but may have got bad info. As you guys suggested cleared out nicely by noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor