• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I am going to take a guess and say they will open October 21.... I saw a sign this morning in my cheerios.....

I say Oct 14th. I bet they have 80% of the needed snow after today and can open next week if the coming warm spell breaks by early next week.

First snow at my place this morning...

IMG_2304.JPG

...3 hours later....

IMG_2309.JPG

Last edited:

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
yeah, that warming spell could be the issue: we are expecting near 70 degrees here on Saturday and upper 60's into Monday.

Reactions: nay

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You know they are laughing at us up north ...

14522865_1107220836042571_3575278327099971280_n.jpg

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
1476876798120_800x450.jpg

we got more than predicted.... I think we got about 2" during the day, not sure but that's probably a 36 hour total with most overnight.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I saw the Ullr tree on the drive up today, and it made me smile. @SBrown @SkiNurse - how did that tradition start?

On the way into Breckenridge, I also saw that ESP on peak 6 has some snow. Made my mouth water, uselessly. What's the skiing version of blueballs? Snowballs?

And I saw a lot of manmade snow on peak 8 - sort of surprised they've started so early. But I generally don't pay that much attention to snow making, so maybe it's not actually early.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw the Ullr tree on the drive up today, and it made me smile. @SBrown @SkiNurse - how did that tradition start?

On the way into Breckenridge, I also saw that ESP on peak 6 has some snow. Made my mouth water, uselessly. What's the skiing version of blueballs? Snowballs?

And I saw a lot of manmade snow on peak 8 - sort of surprised they've started so early. But I generally don't pay that much attention to snow making, so maybe it's not actually early.

Well ... for a lot of years, someone had sorta haphazardly put decorations on that tree. We always noticed it, wondered who did it, speculated, forgot, etc. Then I think it was that really crappy snow year we had? 11/12? And no one had decorated anything that year, maybe a ball or two. So the next year we took it upon ourselves to try and coax Ullr back out. We haven't had another 10/11 yet, but it hasn't been as bad as 11/12. Most of all, we often hear how much it makes people smile, so that's almost as good as a lot of snow. Not quite, but close.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well ... for a lot of years, someone had sorta haphazardly put decorations on that tree. We always noticed it, wondered who did it, speculated, forgot, etc. Then I think it was that really crappy snow year we had? 11/12? And no one had decorated anything that year, maybe a ball or two. So the next year we took it upon ourselves to try and coax Ullr back out. We haven't had another 10/11 yet, but it hasn't been as bad as 11/12. Most of all, we often hear how much it makes people smile, so that's almost as good as a lot of snow. Not quite, but close.
:thumb: I get just as many *smiles* from friends/co-workers/random Facebook people that are not skiers/riders as I do those that want Ullr to visit Colorado. That makes me *smile*. :)

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
On the way into Breckenridge, I also saw that ESP on peak 6 has some snow. Made my mouth water, uselessly.

They probably saw the prediction of low temperatures in the upper 30s for the next week and decided to get going on Peak 8 snow while they had temperatures in the low 20s to work with.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I was thinking how perfectly horribly warm it was at the nice new Christy Sports store @ Park Meadows yesterday. Like how warm it is supposed to be for the next week, at least.

Like I need to get to A-Basin and get in my Oct turns. Like Thursday.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
On the plus side, I still have tomatoes on the vine, soaking up all the sun they can manage.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
On the plus side, I still have tomatoes on the vine, soaking up all the sun they can manage.

We've had a hard killing freeze...but not enough to prevent another fly hatch. So I have flies again, although with cats, the ones that get inside don't last long. Cats are kind of cool that way.

IMG_2411.JPG

I would like the season to turn so I'm say skiing in my spare time rather than taking random shots of cats, but you gotta take what's given.

Last edited:

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
its going to be 70 Thursday here at the Boat'. Road bike will continue to accumulate miles :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor